Thursday, October 4, 2012

Acrylic Painting For Kids

I once had been a portion of a painting class back in high train and I would claim that it was one existence I would always remember. Apart from it being the occasion station I met my approaching sustain, it opened me to the bliss and excitement of painting. I took watercolor classes and was inspired at how much I can do with these brilliant colors in front of me. I had been an art freak since then.

The Pendleton Art Center in 1537 Winchester Ave., Ashland Kentucky holds an Acrylic Painting class for beginners. Young ones are encouraged to get creative as they are offered hands on classes that will maximize their potentials and work on their creative juices. If given the chance, I would not hesitate to enroll my kid in this class so she can learn to appreciate art just like me!

Acrylic paints are different from watercolor, although both are water - based meaning they can be thinned down by water. Acrylic paints are thicker and dries quickly and thickly. It is more often used in large canvas applications. Acrylics come off opaque although it can be thinned down by mixing drops of water into the paint. Solvents called as mediums can also be used to make acrylic more fluid without thinning the color unlike water.

Acrylic chemical properties tend to dry fast so you need to mix the desired color quickly. Kids in acrylic painting classes are shown on how to be creative without using brushes. They are sometimes taught to paint using their hands and other stamps that they can use.

In the acrylic painting class, kids are given wide sheets of paper to work on. They are not really given the real acrylic paints but cheap and safe paints that almost have the same color as the real thing. They are allowed to spread paint on the white sheet and not reprimanded if some went to their clothes or faces. These paints are water based and can be washed down with water after.